August 7, 2021
McDannold Drive (One Way from Temple St.)
Electronics Recycling for Columbia Residents
Saturday, August 7, 2021
The City of Columbia has contracted with CJD E-Cycling to provide electronics recycling for our residents. Proof of residency* is required.
Per COVID-19 Safety Protocol, all residents must follow the below required guidelines. Workers may refuse service if resident fails to comply with the below rules:
- Materials to be recycled must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle. Items placed in passenger seats or back seats will not be accepted.
- Residents will remain in the vehicle with windows up and our workers will unload for you.
- Residents will unlock/open the trunk from inside the vehicle to allow worker to unload.
- Residents must wear a mask. If you have to communicate with event workers or make a payment, you must have your mask on.
- All small loose electronics, cables, cords, remotes, etc. must be bagged and tied closed.
- Please be patient with event staff and volunteers, as the line will be moving a bit slower than normal in order to assure an appropriate spacing between workers.
- If residents are not comfortable allowing our workers to unload their recyclable materials from their car (the truck or hatch back area) then please do not attend this event.
- Residents under quarantine or isolation protocol are not allowed to attend the event.
If you have had COVID-19 in your household, you must be symptom free for at least two
weeks before delivering your electronics to a recycling drop-off or event. In addition, do
not attend the event if you are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, cough,
shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, rigors, myalgia, loss of
taste, loss of smell, or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-
TV & Monitor Payment Guidelines
Costs: TVs and monitors range from $5 to $35, depending on the size and type of the TV or
monitor (measured diagonally).
- Cash and check payments will be accepted. If you pay with cash, it must be the exact amount. Change will not be given. In order to avoid direct contact, you will insert the cash or check into a slotted box held out by a staff person.
Please see the fee schedule in the links below.
See attached documents for a list of accepted and non accepted items, and fee schedule for CRT, console, plasma and projection televisions.