Large Item Pickup
2019 Removal Dates: If you have Tuesday Trash & Recycling Removal If you have Friday Trash & Recycling Removal
February 19 February 22
May 28 May 31
September 3 September 6
November 19 November 22
A maximum of five (5) large items are allowed. No trash stickers are needed for the first two (2) large items. The next three (3) large items will need three (3) $1.00 *trash stickers attached to each item.
*Stickers are sold at Schnucks, Columbia Market, Ace Hardware of Columbia and the Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
LARGE ITEMS ALLOWED:
- Appliances (Doors, compressors, and electric motors must be removed from appliances. Compressors and electric motors may then be taken to the Monroe County Recycle Center.)
- Barbecue/gas grills (no propane tanks allowed)
- Box springs
- Furniture *(Glass doors, inserts, table tops, any type of glass on furniture will not be picked up unless glass is removed. Glass may be taken to the Monroe County Recycling Center in Waterloo for a fee. See link below.)
- Hot water heaters
- Microwaves/Vacuum Cleaners
- Power washers (drain fluids and remove tires)
- Push lawn mowers (drain fluids and remove tires)
- Swing sets (have to be disassembled and no concrete attached to bottom of the legs)
- Treadmills (no need to remove motors)
- Wheelchairs/motorized wheelchairs
- Window AC units
LARGE ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
Construction materials (i.e. glass, carpeting, wood, doors, paneling, drywall, windows, shutters, siding, concrete, porcelain fixtures, bath tubs, toilets, cabinets, counter tops, sinks)
- Arcade games - Landscape waste - Pool tables
- Camper shells - Riding Lawn mowers - Portable basketball hoops
- Mirrors -
- Electronic products - (Televisions, computer monitors, printers, etc.)
- Gas and propane tanks - Organs - Swimming pools
- Hot tubs - Pianos - Rugs
Glass doors, inserts, table tops, any type of glass on furniture will not be picked up unless glass is removed. Glass may be taken to the Monroe County Recycling Center in Waterloo for a fee.
* Click here to view items accepted at the Monroe County Recycling Center.