Columbia Large Item Curbside Removal
2018 Removal Dates:- February 20 - May 29 - September 4 - November 27
A maximum of five (5) large items are allowed. No trash stickers are needed for the first two (2) large items. The next three (3) large items will need three (3) $1.00 *trash stickers attached to each item.
*Stickers are sold at Schnucks, Columbia Market, Ace Hardware of Columbia and the Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
LARGE ITEMS ALLOWED:
- Appliances (Doors, compressors, and electric motors must be removed from appliances. Compressors and electric motors may then be taken to the Monroe County Recycle Center.)
- Barbecue/gas grills (no propane tanks allowed)
- Box springs
- Furniture *(Glass doors, inserts, table tops, any type of glass on furniture will not be picked up unless glass is removed. Glass may be taken to the Monroe County Recycling Center in Waterloo for a fee. See link below.)
- Hot water heaters
- Power washers (drain fluids and remove tires)
- Push lawn mowers (drain fluids and remove tires)
- Swing sets (have to be disassembled and no concrete attached to bottom of the legs)
- Treadmills (no need to remove motors)
- Wheelchairs/motorized wheelchairs
- Window AC units
LARGE ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
Construction materials (i.e. glass, carpeting, wood, doors, paneling, drywall, windows, shutters, siding, concrete, porcelain fixtures, bath tubs, toilets, cabinets, counter tops, sinks)
- Arcade games - Landscape waste - Pool tables
- Camper shells - Lawn mowers - Portable basketball hoops
- Computer monitors - Mirrors - Printers
- Electronic products - Monitors - Rugs
- Gas and propane tanks - Organs - Swimming pools (Televisions
- Hot tubs - Pianos - Televisions
Glass doors, inserts, table tops, any type of glass on furniture will not be picked up unless glass is removed. Glass may be taken to the Monroe County Recycling Center in Waterloo for a fee.
* Click here to view items accepted at the Monroe County Recycling Center.