The City of Columbia sends out a monthly billing for City water, sewer and trash. The bill is due on the 15th of the month. Water meters are read on the 15th of the month and are billed one month behind. (Example: You signed up for water, sewer and trash on October 1. The water meters were read on October 15. You will receive your first bill on November 1 and it will have a due date of November 15. The bill will cover the period from October 1 - October 15, a one-half month bill.)
Forms and Applications
- Pay by credit card at GovPayNet.
- Pay by direct debit (ACH) from your checking account. You will continue to receive a utility bill so you will always know how much your account will be debited. Your account will be debited on the 15th of the month.
- Mail payment directly to City Hall at the address listed below:
- City of Columbia
- P.O. Box 467
- Columbia, IL 62236
- Payments (checks only, no cash please) can be left in the drop box located in the parking lot of City Hall.
- Payments (cash, check, credit card) are accepted at the Clerk's Office, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.