The City of Columbia offers several options for the public to remotely attend virtual meetings. Anyone with a computer, smartphone or tablet and internet access is able to watch a live stream of public meetings. A phone-in audio only option is available for those without a computer, smartphone or tablet. For select meetings the public may submit comments during the public comment portion of the meeting using the virtual options detailed below.
NOTICE: Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-10 gatherings of more than ten people are prohibited. This may affect the ability of the public to be physically present during meetings. The public should check the specific meeting calendar item for attendance restrictions and are encouraged to participate utilizing one of the methods described here.
To view streaming video with audio:
- From an internet connected computer click on the following link: https://zoom.us/j/8414897578
- From an internet connected smartphone first download the Zoom app by clicking on your device:
To listen to meeting audio via phone-in conference line:
- Dial 1-877-853-5247 and enter 841 489 7578 when prompted.
- From your smartphone you can simply tap on the following: +18778535247,,8414897578#
Members of the public attending virtually may also submit comments during the public input portion of public meetings. The method to submit comments depends on the method used to connect:
- Those connected via computer or smartphone App must submit their comment in the chat section. Comments must include the participant’s name. Comments will be read aloud to the presiding officer by the moderator.
- Those that call-in must press *9 on their telephone to indicate to the moderator that they have a question. Once called on, the participant’s line will be un-muted to state their name and submit their comment. Participants will be identified by the last three digits of their telephone number.