May 14, 2021: The State of Illinois moves into the Bridge Phase of the Governor's Restore Illinois Plan.
April 27, 2021: Restaurant Revitalization Fund Registrations start April 30th; open applications start Monday May 3rd. View email sent by the City to Columbia businesses here: https://mailchi.mp/0059a65148b5/latest-covid-19-updates-for-columbia-businesses-6258778
April 22, 2021: American Rescue Act establishes Restaurant Revitalization Fund. Application period to open soon. View email sent by the City to Columbia businesses here: https://mailchi.mp/8633805c6549/latest-covid-19-updates-for-columbia-businesses-6257546
February 4, 2021: Region 4 (includes Monroe County) moves to Phase 4 of the Governor's Restore Illinois Plan. City offices open with capacity limits (lesser of 50 people or 50% capacity).
January 22, 2021: Region 4 (includes Monroe County) moves to Tier 2 mitigations. City offices open with capacity limits.
January 15, 2021: Register for vaccination alerts from the Monroe County Health Department
January 15, 2021: Tier 3 enhanced mitigations will continue for Region 4 (includes Monroe County).
November 20 at 12:01 a.m.: Tier 3 enhanced mitigations go into effect for the entire state.
November 13: City Hall offices are closed to the public until further notice. City officials and staff would like to encourage the public to conduct business virtually when possible. Utility bills and other payments can be made online. In addition, forms and applications as well as other additional information can be found on this website. There is a payment/paperwork drop box located in the City Hall parking lot, which can be used to drop-off utility bill payments, employment applications, pay fees for permits/inspections, etc. If you need to meet with City staff, please call (618) 281-7144 (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) to schedule an appointment.
October 28, 2020: Tier 1 enhanced mitigations become effective for Region 4 (includes Monroe County) due to an average positivity rate above the 8% threshold.
October 19, 2020: Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) issued guidance regarding the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season.
October 9, 2020: the State of Illinois announced the return to regular Phase 4 guidelines, due to the region's positivity rate being below 6.5% for three consecutive days.
Governor's Office Resources
- Resurgence Mitigations for Region 4 beginning Wednesday, September 2, 2020
- Illinois' Coronavirus Website
- Governor's Press Briefings
- Restore Illinois Actions to Combat a Resurgence of Covid-19 (July 15, 2020)
Department of commerce and economic opportunity
- Business Interruption Grant Application Information - second round announced 9/17
- Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity website
- Phase 4 guidelines for bars and restaurants (updated as of 8/25)
- Restore Illinois Guidance Regarding Youth and Adult Recreational Sports (July 29, 2020)
- Restore Illinois Phase 4 Guidelines
Illinois Department of Public Health Resources (IDPH)
- Department of Public Health Covid-19 Website
- Department of Public Health Restore Illinois Metrics
- Rules for businesses regarding face coverings