The City Administrator is the chief administrative officer of the City and is appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council. The City Administrator is responsible for managing the City's affairs, including day-to-day operations and the implementation of policies set by the governing body.
The Administration Department works to ensure that residents’ and business owners’ needs are effectively met in a timely manner to enhance the quality of life for all in Columbia.
Douglas Brimm's responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of all city ordinances, resolutions, and contracts
- Oversees and assists with the City's Annual Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- Monitors the City's financial position and needs
- Manages issues related to redevelopment
- Facilitates communications among city staff with residents and businesses
- Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day operations of all City departments, with the exception of the City Clerk's Office.
Administrative Assistant & Risk Management Coordinator
Jackie Hausmann assists the Mayor and City Administrator with day-to-day operations:
- Prepares agendas and informational packets for elected officials;
- Assists with reports, correspondence and other various requests as needed;
- Schedules new hire physicals & background checks;
- Process worker's comp and various claims, maintains property schedules;
- Maintains City website;
- Prepare Columbia Quarterly Newsletter
- Special projects as requested.