- Clerk's Office
- Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste
- Yard Waste Services
Yard Waste Services
Fall Leaf Removal
Fall leaf removal is provided by the City of Columbia and removal runs for approximately six continuous weeks (begins in late October). Leaves are vacuumed from the curb and continuous sweeps are made through the city. Instructions:
- No grass clippings, shrubs, branches, gumballs or limbs permitted.
- Place leaves in front of residence within four feet of the street behind the curb and sidewalk. Do not place leaves in the street or on the sidewalk.
- Leaves should be placed in rows. Do not place in piles and do not bag.
- Do no park vehicles in front of the leaves so that the leaves are accessible to the vacuum vehicles.
- If inclement weather, please place a tarp or plastic over leaves to keep them dry.
The exact dates for the leaf removal will be placed on the News Flash section of the website home page once scheduled.
Spring/Fall Tree Limb Removal
Spring/Fall Tree Limb Removal is provided by the City of Columbia. Residents should have all tree limbs for removal close to the curb before 6 am on the first day of removal which is always on a Monday. The tree service has all week to remove the tree limbs so one trip can be made through the city eliminating the need to backtrack to certain areas. Since the service is paid by the hour, the city hopes to limit the total amount of hours needed to perform the service. Instructions:
- Tree limbs can only be eight inches or less in diameter.
- No whole trees, roots, grass clippings or yard waste will be accepted.
- Tree limb removal is not intended for whole tree removal or tree topping; it is only intended for tree trimming and pruning.
- Place tree limbs in front of your residence close to the curb. Do not place tree limbs in the street, on the sidewalk or in the alley.
- Do not park vehicles in front of the tree limbs.
The spring tree limb removal is one week only (April) and the fall tree limb removal is two weeks (October). The exact dates for tree limb removal will be placed on the News Flash section of the website home page once scheduled.
Yard Waste Removal
- Yard waste removal is weekly from March through November.
- Yard waste removal will be picked up on Tuesdays for Tuesday trash customers and Fridays for Friday trash customers. Set bags at the curb by 6 a.m. The landscape waste will be removed by a separate truck.
- You may purchase your landscape waste bags at Ace Hardware or other stores; however, a $1.25 Reliable Sanitation yellow trash sticker must be attached to each bag. These stickers are sold at Columbia Ace Hardware and the City Clerk’s Office.
- There is no landscape waste removal during the months of December, January and February.