(1) Sealed proposals will be received in the office of the City Clerk, 208 S. Rapp, Columbia, IL until 10:00 o'clock A.M., April 11, 2017 for furnishing materials required in the construction/maintenance of Section 17-00000-00-GM City of Columbia, Monroe County and at that time publicly opened and read.
(2) Proposals shall be submitted on forms furnished by the City of Columbia, link below, and shall be enclosed in an envelope endorsed "Material Proposal, Section 17-00000-00-GM".
(3) The right is reserved to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals.
(4) Proposal Guarantee. A proposal guarantee in the proper amount, as specified in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Material Proposals, will be required. Bid bonds will be allowed as proposal guarantees.
(5) Contract Bond. The successful bidder at the time of execution of the contract will be required to deposit a contract bond for the full amount of the award. When a contract bond is not required, the proposal guarantee check will be held in lieu thereof. Failure on the part of the contractor to deliver the material within the time specified or to do the work specified herein will be considered just cause to forfeit his surety as provided in Article 108.10 of the Standard Specifications.