Parks & Leisure for Adults & Youth (PLAY) Foundation
Does your family enjoy Columbia’s growing system of parks & playgrounds? Want to leave a legacy to the next generation? Do you have a loved one you’d like to have remembered? All of these are reasons to consider donating to the City of Columbia’s parks & recreation program.
The Columbia Parks & Leisure for Adults & Youth (PLAY) Foundation is an independent charitable organization that was created to serve as the conduit for private donations. The Columbia City Council has established the PLAY Foundation as the venue for donations from citizens, corporations and other charitable groups, and the Foundation has received tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Donations of all sizes are being sought to help improve Columbia’s parks and playgrounds; as you consider charitable gifts, please keep the Foundation in mind for the following:
- Unrestricted gifts to help defray expenses of the all volunteer Foundation;
- Unrestricted gifts to support local parks & recreation programs and facilities;
- Restricted gifts to underwrite costs for specific improvements, such as donating a park bench (which may be memorialized with a plaque)—a list of potential donation items may be found here.
- Restricted gifts for items not specifically denoted but which are consistent with park master plans or designs.
The current Board of Directors for the Columbia PLAY Foundation includes:
- John Conrad - Vice Chairperson
- P. Michael Read - Secretary
- Lisa Schmidt - Treasurer
- Randy Simmonds - Chairperson
- Wendy Stevens
- Kim Stumpf
- Jan Crawford