Garbage & Recycling Pickup
There is a one-time/week pickup for 65 gallon garbage & recycle carts. Carts must be out by 6am.
- Tuesday garbage and recycling pickup on the east side of Main Street,
- Friday garbage and recycling pickup on the west side of Main Street.
Please note the following items are NOT accepted in the cart pickups: electronics (TVs, computers, monitors, printers, etc.), construction materials or landscape waste, styrofoam, motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers.
Any garbage over the one container limit for each scheduled garbage removal day must have a $1.00 garbage sticker attached to each additional 30 gallon container or bag. Stickers are sold at Schnucks, Columbia Market, Ace Hardware and the Clerk's Office.
Only clean recyclables as described below will be accepted. All recyclables (including paper) can be placed in the same recycle bin; no need to separate.
- Paper: newspapers, inserts, magazines & posters, shopping catalogs, telephone books, junk mail & folders, office paper, fax paper, envelopes, self-stick notes, computer & wrapping paper;
- Glass: brown, clear & green glass - rinse thoroughly; no need to remove labels or rings around neck.
- Cans: aluminum, bi-metal & steel/tin
- Cardboard: single ply - cereal, pizza & food boxes; corrugated cardboard: please break down boxes so they are flat and place next to your recycle bin for pickup. This includes moving boxes appliance & furniture, etc.
- Plastic: milk jugs, plastic soda bottles, juice & detergent containers (only household plastic containers #1 - 7 ... look on bottom of container for #.
For a complete listing of accepted recyclable items and drop-off locations for other items click here.