- Home Links
The City of Columbia Police Department is seeking applicants for the temporary position of Administrative Assistant with office hours of 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m., Monday-Friday. The duration of their employment will be for a period of approximately 5.5 months. Hourly rate is $12.80. Applicants should possess modern office management abilities and experience in Microsoft Office, be able to multi-task, type proficiently, maintain complex records, cross-reference materials and complete both routine and non-routine reports. For a complete job description please click here. Applications are available online or may also be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office in the City Hall located at 208 South Rapp Ave., Columbia, IL. 62236. Application deadline is 4:00 p.m., on Friday, March 24th. The City of Columbia is an equal opportunity employer.
- Should be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle available for their use.
- Should have the ability to hear responses and read questionairs.
- Should be able to work several hours a day (minimum 20 hours per week), which
often includes walking outdoors for an extended period of time.
- Should be available for day, evening, and weekend work, as needed.
- Should be available to attend a four-day training session.
Click here for a Census Taker Application. (Please do not submit a City of Columbia application).
All applications are required to take a written examination that will assess basic skills. Pay range is $10.84 - $15.34 per hour depending on job classification. Click above for an application or one can be obtained from the City Clerk's office at 208 S. Rapp Ave., Columbia, IL 62236, where applications will be accepted until March 30, 2017. EOE/ADA.